Sunday, May 19, 2013

entrelac mittens

I was up at 6:15 on Friday (5/17) to make Michael breakfast before he left to participate in a golf tournament.  Since I was awake anyway, I decided to tackle a mound of paperwork that always seems to be on my desk!  I got the write-up done and sent out for the Volunteer drive which will start on Monday.  I have a very good committee to work with and they accomplished a lot and I think we are good to go now.  I also got the volunteer minutes sent out a second time, along with a reminder of our meeting on Monday.  Quilting minutes were completed and sent out, and I got 2 blog entries made with all of the associated pictures.  By then it was 8:30 and I headed upstairs to pick up the house and have breakfast and collect my supplies before Jan picked me up at 10 for a quick trip to Joann’s and lunch out J.  Well….as we get close to Joann’s, we notice that all of the traffic light are out!  Then we pull up to the store and they say ‘we will be closed until the power is back on’.  We drive around the HUGE parking lot and all stores are closed.  It’s too early to go to lunch, so we decide to hit the yarn shop (which is hopefully far enough away to not be affected, but close enough to be on the way to the restaurant).  It is open and we both find a few things we have to have J.  They mention that there was a bad accident on South Blvd (where Joann’s is). Someone hit a transformer pole and that’s why the power is out.  Then it’s on to lunch.  We each get a serving of seafood bisque and split a crab cake sandwich.  Home again in the afternoon I do a bit of knitting and a bit of cutting before Michael gets home around 5…his team won FIRST PLACE in the tournament!!!!!  He is beat, so he takes a quick nap, then we get cleaned up in time for Gale and Phil to pick us up at 6:15 to head off to Ralph’s house.  Jerry & Deanna are already there and we have drinks and snacks before heading into Waxhaw for dinner.  Our dinner was divine and we sit and talk for 2 hours, finally getting home at 10:30 and collapsing into bed.

Saturday (5/18) Michael again left very early for golf…this time I was deep asleep in bed, so he didn’t wake me.  I headed on up to Joann’s again (Jan and I need zippers for our class this week and my coupons were expiring!) and this time they were open.  I got zippers and a bit of fabric, stopped at ALDI’s on the way home, and made it to the Lake House shortly after 10.  There was a craft fair going on and I wanted to see Jan and Walt and all of Walt’s pottery.  I stopped by all of the tables to say hi to people, then headed home to knit, sew and make cupcakes and rolls.  Michael came home with an 85 and we got cleaned up and headed over to Mary Lu’s for our neighbor’s dinner.  We had a wonderful chicken dish, rice, spinach & strawberry salad, bean salad and rolls.  It was another great night of eating, laughing and talking before we headed home.  We watched a couple of NORTHERN EXPOSURES before bed and I knit on my mitten.  I thought I was finished with the thumb gusset….counted my stitches and was totally off.  I finally figured out what I did wrong and ripped back my mitten….the pile of yarn in the picture is what I have to put back….correctly this time  J:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.