Wednesday, May 8, 2013

furry kids

Michael left for golf on Monday (5/6) morning, even though the course was liable to be a mud pit based on all of the rain we got over the weekend!  I headed to the Lake House at 9 AM for a meeting on the next drive for the Volunteer Club.  We are collecting for 2 children’s homes in our area and I met with my team to make sure we are ready on May 20 to start the drive.  When I got home, I spent about 2 more hours on the internet, getting caught up on everything I had to do, and finally got back to knitting on my sweater.  I took a break in the afternoon and visited with a new neighbor who is also a quilter.   Their home is lovely and she had lots of nice quilts to share.  Her serger had stopped sewing for her, and I got it re-threaded and working again.  She also doesn’t know her PFAFF embroidery machine, but I can’t help her with that.  Michael was home when I got home, with a SMOKIN’ 77 from his day of play.  He had 3 birdies…and also had a great time.  He took a quick shower, and there was some snuggling going on while he was in there:
 

 

We enjoyed our back deck in the afternoon, and after dinner I read for a couple of hours while he watched a movie, then we watched a bit of TV together before heading to bed.

**********************************

We were up early Tuesday (5/7) to head to LOWE’s for a lot of our plants.  We bought several packs of flower seeds, along with 3 tomato plants,  zucchini and yellow squash plants as well as mint, rosemary, oregano, parsley and sage.  We had a quick appointment at the chiropractor’s, then hit Aldi’s for lots of fruit and veggies on the way home.  Nancy arrived shortly after we got home and we had our usual fun Tuesday morning.  Joanne picked me up at 1 for Stitch & Chat, but before I went to the meeting, Rose and I met with Trevor…our lifestyle director.  Rose is president of the Volunteer Club and I am the secretary.  Apparently our management people are deciding things and changing things about the Volunteer Club without even the courtesy of letting us know, which is actually par for the course almost since the club started….so, we ‘bearded the lion in his den’ to find out what was going on and why.  I think we got our points across and told them that some of the things that had been decided would definitely NOT work for us.  We have been fighting some of the same things for the entire SIX years that the Volunteer Club has been in existence, and I guess we’ll just have to go on fighting!  Rose told me I had to be the ‘bad cop’….she could never do that!  Anyway, after that it was a very nice visit in Stitch & Chat, then Joanne treated me to a frosty on the way home  J.  I read my book on the deck in the afternoon, and after a quick dinner, Michael headed off to the movies, while I stayed home knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.