Sunday, May 5, 2013

entrelac sweater :-(


Friday (5/3) was a wonderfully long and relaxing day.  Even though I spent the morning with Jan at Joann’s (and by some miracle actually found 2 pieces of fabric that were NOT on sale, so I got to use my 50% off coupons), I had time in the afternoon to do paperwork, nap, organize my next knitting/sewing projects and read a bit.  We picked up Jan and Walt at 6:15 and headed to Lancaster for dinner at PIZZA HUT and DEATH TRAP at a local theatre.  It was a nice production and we got home at 11.

Saturday morning (5/4) Michael left around 8 for golf (coming home at 2 with an 85), even though it was only 51 degrees here L.  I don’t know what it is with the weather this spring but it has been TOTALLY weird.  I can’t believe how cold it is today on May 4.  I headed downstairs to continue working on the collar for my entrelac sweater, and finally at 12:30 PM it was ready to be bound off.  It doesn’t work L.  It pulls up the front of my sweater…I definitely have to rip it out and pick up more stitches:



 And now that I’m really looking at it….I knew I wasn’t crazy about doing the ribbing in garter stitch, and now that it is done, I absolutely hate it:  
 


So…..back to the drawing board…I don’t know what plan “B” is yet…I have to think about it, but I'm definitely ripping out the collar as well as the 'ribbing' at the bottom.

1 comment:

  1. My Comment is -- I think you are a most creative and giving person -- Youare my everything -- but somettimes I think you do TOO much!!!!! LUV U ---MPD

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.