Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Cinnamon Biscuit Cake, Oatmeal Pecan Bread

I was up early Sunday morning (5/26) to make Cinnamon Biscuit Roll for our breakfast:

 
and to make Oatmeal Pecan Bread.



At 12:30 I picked up Jan and we headed over to Margie’s house.  Margie is one of the ladies in Thursday quilting, and she has a long arm quilting machine that she allows other people to use.  I have 5 charity quilt tops that are at least 2 years old.  I am determined to get them done this year, since they are not doing anyone any good where they are.  It doesn’t do me any good to keep completing charity tops, and never quilt them….so I am going to make a bigger effort (once these old ones are done) to not do additional tops until the previous top is quilted.  Anyway, I took over a loaf of the Oatmeal Pecan Bread and a jar of my peach preserves as a small thank you to Margie.  Margie has a beautiful garden/landscaping in the front of her house.  It is obvious that she has spent a great many years getting it to where it is now.  And she has a beautiful rose garden in the back.  We practiced for a bit before heading home.  I spent the rest of the day and evening working on my entrelac sweater.

Memorial Day!  This was such a nice relaxing day.  Michael left for golf and I got one of my charity quilts spray basted and worked on quilting it the rest of the day.  I had it all quilted by the time we set up for our driveway party at 4:30.  I just need to get the binding on, and then I’ll have pics!


We had lots of visitors for the party and lots of good food.  Next time I think we need to start at 5:30 so that there is a bit more shade in the driveway, but I think everything worked out.  We were out there talking and eating for several hours, and Michael and I relaxed in front of the TV for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.