Wednesday, May 29, 2013

coffee cake

Happy Anniversary to Michael and me!!!  Yep, Tuesday (5/28) was our anniversary (8 fabulous, wonderful, terrific years).  I baked Michael his favorite coffee cake:


 
 
 

 

he calls it a ‘Drake’s Cake on Steroids’ and I also took a large piece over to our neighbor Jim.  He is home from the hospital after a quadruple bypass and valve replacement and the doctor told him to eat whatever he wants for a month to get his strength back.  I told him I would pamper him with baked goods this month  J.  I spent the rest of the morning doing paperwork (mostly the minutes for our volunteer club) and got back to working on my charity quilt around NOON.  I worked on finding binding strips in my scraps for the outside of the quilt, and also spent some time with Jan in the afternoon.  We left just before 5 to pick up Larry and Evelyn and head to a local Italian restaurant for dinner…then on to the theatre to see STAR TREK _ INTO DARKNESS…it was TERRIFIC.  I enjoyed it very much and would definitely be up for seeing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.