Friday, May 10, 2013


Thursday (5/9) was another early morning…Pat walked down to my house at 7:45 and we took off to pick up Nancy (at home) and Mary B (at the church) and to attend the Spring’s Spring Sale.  WOW – I can NOT believe the prices.  They had kits with 2 pieces of polar fleece…coordinated to make those no sew blankets.  So the pieces were each 72 inches by 60 inches….so basically 4 yards of polar fleece for a grand total of $2.50!!!!!!!  That’s 62 and a half cents a YARD!!!   Other cotton fabric was a buck fifty a yard!  I got several of the polar fleece kits and a bit of Christmas fabric.  I have never been to this sale and neither had Nancy or Pat, so we finally decided to go this year…..I’m glad I went, but I’m sure it will be a couple of years before I go again.  It is just too easy to buy stuff there  J.  We stopped in at quilting on the way home and I got scraps from several people.  A very dear neighbor of mine has been diagnosed with breast cancer and I have decided to make her a ‘signature’ quilt, as I did for Jimmy.  She seems to like fall colors and I don’t use many of those.  I asked my quilt group if they had any scraps I could use, to please bring them.  When I got home, I started to work on ironing, washing and cutting them out.  Jan stopped by with Rachel for a consult.  Rachel wants to make 2 purses and they stopped by to talk about interfacing.  I worked on cutting until after dinner, then Michael and I just sat and watched TV…I was just too tired to do anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.