Friday, May 17, 2013

pictures of the tea & a new charity hat


Michael left super early for golf on Wednesday (5/15) coming home later with an 83….even with a 10 on one hole!  I spent most of the morning getting ready for my tea!  I had about 22 women and I think they all had a great time…there was a lot of talking and laughing and eating (and drinking J), and on the dot of 2 PM, everyone said thank you and good bye!  What a well behaved crowd:

some of the fabulous food

Mary, Carolyn, Jackie (special surprise guest!) and Gale

Anne & Susan

Loree & Paula

Connie & Jody (Paula's sister)

Susan & Deanna

Carolyn, Beth, Jeannie & Sue


Jackie, Ginny & Anne (in back), Carolyn, Beth

Paula, Karen, Gale, Beth (pink hat), Connie, Lois

Anne, Susan & Dee

I tried to take a bunch of pictures in the beginning, because then I got busy talking and visiting.  I wish I had taken a picture of the dessert bar…I think you could have gone into insulin shock just from breathing in as you passed it!  Anyway, it was great fun, and when Michael came home just after 2, he helped with all of the clean up.  Then Michael and I and Cookie and Elsie all took naps in the living room…each on our own chairs.  We had a light dinner and watched TV in the evening.  I started knitting on a pair of entrelac mittens.

 
Thursday morning (5/16) I left for quilting and got home around 2.  I felt really tired and tried to take a nap….but nothing was happening so I finally got up and headed downstairs to putz around in my studio.  I think I’m going to rip out the entrelac shawl collar and bottom once again…I finally have a plan “C” and after Donna gives me her opinion on Friday…I think it will be a go!  I did manage to finish another hat:
I don't think Michael was really as disguested as he looks in this picture, but I think I need to find a new model just in case!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.