Thursday, May 2, 2013

Cookie, yellow iris

We were both much perkier when we got up on Tuesday (4/30).  Michael left for the dentist, chiro and then golfing, while I knit the morning away…Nancy H wasn’t feeling well, so we put off our visit until Wednesday morning.  Joanne picked me up at 1 PM for knitting and that was a great 2 hours….where I also scored more free-for-the-taking yarn for more charity hats  J.  The minute I got home, I took the dog out and headed off to the vet.  Cookie has an ear infection and I wanted to get her in as soon as possible…they were all booked up, but promised to work me in.  I got home at 5:30, just about the time my honey got home from golf with an 86.

We had leftovers for dinner (yes again…I am so lucky that my honey likes leftovers J)and then he left to go to the movies with Larry and I stayed home and read my book and knit the rest of the evening.

I have to show you a picture of Cookie’s latest place to take naps:

 
Yep, that’s my kitchen chair.  I’m thinking she likes it because she can just open her eyes and look straight out the window!
**************************************************************
 MAY DAY!!!!  And also, the second anniversary of when I started this blog.  I can’t believe I’ve actually been doing this for 2 years. 

In honor of this anniversary, I am asking anyone/everyone who reads this blog, to go to the actual website and leave me a comment.  Anything you want to say will do…I would just love to have some comments on the blog.
Michael left for golf again on Wednesday (5/1), while I had my weekly chat with Janice before heading off to Nancy’s.  We had a nice visit and I stopped at the grocery store on the way home for all things “B”: bananas, burrito wraps & broccoli!  I got to have a nice chat with my friend Ginny in the afternoon, in between knitting and making bread dough.  I got 1 regular loaf and 2 mini-loaves of bread baked at dinnertime, and gave away the 2 mini-loaves.  Michael and I had Chinese for dinner – yum! – and we watched TV while I knit for the rest of the evening.

I know I’ve mentioned to some of you that our yellow iriss have exploded over the past few weeks….I thought you might like a picture:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I think they have eaten all of the purple iris I had planted!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blogging anniversary! I love hearing about your many adventures - you make everyday life come to life. Here's a toast to your long-term health and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the wonderful blog, Deb. It is always a wonderful welcome home for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, the Iris are simply stunning!!! I am so jealous. I am also wonderfully happy that you take the time to do this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your blogging anniversary. What a joy it is to read about your many activities--knitting, sewing, baking, cooking, quilting, acting, cuddling, entertaining, gardening, reorganizing, committee work, volunteering, where does it all end. You work way too hard, which, of course, is part of your charm. Even though you live two states away, you are part of my home and my community. Keep it up. Got to go now and take a nap. Like I say, reading your blog always makes me need to rest. Love Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - two years already !!! I always look forward to reading about your 'retired' life in SC. I wish I was there for all those yummy goodies you make - like when you were here in CT and called me to share on sat mornings - after you made something DELICIOUS. ;) Here's to many more years of Blogging and happiness. LUVuLOTS. (MJ in CT)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.