Saturday, July 20, 2013


I went on a bike ride Friday morning while Michael took Cookie for a walk, then he left for the driving range and I headed downstairs to once again pick up the woven totes.  When I made the first tote, I totally read the directions wrong (what a surprise….not!  I was just in too much of a hurry to get going) and I cut way too many strips of TIMTEX….so I decided the only thing to do was to make 2 more woven totes.  I got the outside done, and the lining started, then other things intervened: Las Vegas, books, Anne’s quilt, goofing off, whatever.  So, I started to work on them again.  I got pockets done on both linings, put together the lining and outside and got the binding ½ done on one of them, and by then it was time to get cleaned up.  Sue and Dennis picked us up at 5:30, along with Ann Mary and Jim and we headed off to dinner and then into Charlotte for SPAMALOT.  It was just as funny as the first time…and I think we were all happy to have gone.  We got home just after 11 PM and Michael headed to bed, (early tee time on Saturday) but I decided to read a bit.  By 12:20 AM, I finally finished HOMER’s ODYSSEY by Gwen Cooper.  A friend recommended this book ages ago, and I finally decided to see if the library had it, rather than ordering from AMAZON.  They did and I was so glad because this was a WONDERFUL book!!  Each time I put it down, I couldn’t wait to get back to it to see what was happening to the characters next.  It is a true story and the subtitle is” a fearless feline tale, or how I learned about love and life with a blind wonder cat”.  I laughed and cried while reading…and I would sum it up as a feel good book.  The writing makes me want to see if the author has written anything else…I would highly recommend it!  After that….my eyes were barely open and I stumbled off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.