Monday, July 8, 2013

I made a quick run up to Joann’s Friday morning (7/5) for backing and binding for Anne’s quilt.  By the time I got home, I put the ham in the crockpot and mixed up the glaze I had for it.  I didn’t turn it on right away, because I didn’t want it to overcook…but I figured I could get the chill off of it.  Of course, you know what happened…Michael and I are on the way to the airport to pick up Marc when I remembered I never turned it on L.  I called Paula and like a doll, she came down and poured the glaze over the ham and turned it on.  We stopped at Joann’s on the way to the airport because, like a dope, I forgot to buy BATTING!!!!  I think I still had CT in my head, because when I took a quilt to someone in CT, they would have a roll of batting and they would use that and just charge you for it….the woman I use down here doesn’t do that.  Anyway, we got to the airport just in time to pick up Marc and head on home.  Traffic was already building up on the way up to the airport, so we took the back roads home, which luckily contained a stop at BREWSTERS for ice cream…yum!  By the time we got home, the kitchen smelled great and I made a scrumptious (new) potato casserole and green beans to go with the ham.  Michael and Marc played pool after dinner and watched a bit of TV before it was time to hit the hay.

*****************************************

Michael and Marc left early Saturday (7/6) for golf.  They got in 15 holes, before getting absolutely drenched and coming home.  Jan and I headed to the Bernina store to drop off my quilt, and her machine (for repair).  We made a quick trip to Michael’s and then an abortive (for me) trip to the mall.  I wanted to get these special candies that Michael likes, to hide in his luggage…they were out of them  L.  Jan, however, got 2 pairs of sandals that were really nice, so that was good  J.  I worked on a new charity quilt in the afternoon, and we had a reprise of the potatoes/ham/green beans for dinner (and I sent some over to my neighbors).  Marc wanted to work a bit more on his short game, so they headed up to the range after dinner.  Then it was TV, reading, and working on the computer (for Marc) before heading to bed.

****************************

I made waffles for breakfast Sunday morning (7/7), after which the men completed their packing.  We left for the airport at NOON.  I made a quick stop at the grocery store on the way home….and that was as productive as I got for the rest of the day.  I read and read and read and read!  Nice and relaxing.  Michael called just before 6 to say that they were getting ready to walk down to the gate (they flew to Philly first) and board for Scotland…..even though I was eating lonely burgers for dinner Sunday night…I am so excited about Michael and Marc and this once-in-a-lifetime trip.

1 comment:

  1. Word to the wise... reading IS productive!!

    "When you stack up the years we are allowed against all there is to read, time is very short indeed." ~ Stephen King

    By the way, I, for one, wish you would tell us what you're reading... and whether you like it. Whether it's easy beach reading or true literature, reading is the best pastime!
    Just the other day, I was commenting that I recently learned a little about what it was like for Jewish Americans in Los Angeles before the second world war - I learned it because was reading The Tin Horse by Janice Steinberg (3 on my picky 4 point scale).

    I keep track of all the books I read on a spreadsheet. I'm up to 36 for this year. Some this year's favorite "4"s (in fiction) were Quintessence by David Walton (fantasy), The House Girl by Tara Conklin, Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walder, Natural History of Dragons, by Marie Brennan, and The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.