Sunday, July 14, 2013

Anne's quilt, quilt label


I finally finished the re-read of the last CLAN OF THE CAVE BEAR books on Saturday (7/13), so was able to tear myself out of my chair and get a few things done J.  I cleaned out a few cupboards and the junk drawer in the kitchen, then rewarded myself with some sewing.  By the time I went to bed, I had the binding on the back side of Anne’s quilt.
 
Even though it was very overcast early Sunday (7/14) morning, it wasn’t raining when I took off on my bike ride….no…it waited until I was at the furthest possible point from home…and then the deluge started.  I could barely see where I was going…luckily I had put on sunglasses, so rain wasn’t hitting me directly in the eyes, but it was coming down so hard I had to scrunch my eyes almost closed to see anything at all.  By the time I got home….I looked like I had taken a shower with all of my clothes on.  My neighbor was on her front porch, hoping it would let up so that she could get her paper.  I took it out of her tube and walked it up to her porch…it’s not like I could get any wetter!  I stripped off (more like peeled off) everything in the laundry room when I went into the house, and it all went right in the washer.  I spent the afternoon sewing on Anne’s quilt, and a neighbor came over at dinnertime to take pictures for me…it is done and I will give it to Anne as soon as Michael gets home:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The evening was spent knitting and watching TV and thinking about my honey getting home on Monday at dinnertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.