Thursday, July 18, 2013

dinner guests, Anne and her quilt


Michael left early for errands on Wednesday (7/17) and I putzed around in the sewing room until early afternoon.  I headed upstairs to make roll dough and clean up the kitchen for a bit, in anticipation of dinner company.  Neighbor Susan and her granddaughter Morgan, as well as Anne and Bryce came over for dinner.  I made the one pot pasta again (with plum tomatoes from our garden) and everyone really seemed to enjoy it:
Susan & Anne

Morgan

Bryce

Trust me...it tastes much better than it looks in this picture!












 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And then it was time to retire to the living room, and give Anne the signature quilt so that she can wrap up in everyone’s love and prayers when she needs some hugs:

























Her reaction can really be summed up in a few words…she was speechless and I was happy!

2 comments:

  1. It came out just beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the classic quilts. If I ever get married, I'll have to commission you to make one for me and my bride. My grandmother and her Mom used to make them 100+ years ago... it's an art!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.