Tuesday, July 23, 2013

bread, Paula, rolls, cookies, one pot pasta


Michael left early for golf on Monday (7/22), eventually coming home very disgusted about the day and with a not so good score.  Apparently some of the guys who golf with them are VERY slow, and it is affecting the other golfers.  I took a bike ride, then hopped in the golf cart to run a bunch of errands: returning a juicer in my neighborhood, delivering one yellow and one blue plastic bag to a friend (she slices them into ribbons and crochets them into bags and she always loves it when I get some good colors), picking up a club charter at the Lake House, and stealing a chicken carcass from Jan’s refrigerator (the door was open and I went in calling ‘hello’ several times….but no one ever appeared.  Not wanting to see any naked bodies, I decided to go into the kitchen and find the carcass myself J).  Then it was home to spend many hours on paperwork…and I didn’t even finish it L.

In the early afternoon, I headed to the kitchen for some much needed baked goods: sandwich bread (notice the PERFECT-FOR-ME souvenir from Scotland…a new hot pad with embroidered sheep!) :

 
and Paula came down to pick up a warm 1/2 loaf:
I don't know if you've ever seen Palua before?
and some rolls to go with dinner:

they didn't get very brown...I think because the dough
was frozen
 
and as long as the oven was on…a few cookies:

these are the GIANT ones....with M&M's
 
A friend gave me a bunch of luscious tomatoes from her garden, so I made the one pot pasta again….yum!

before.....

& after





 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And Michael decided he wanted to try some sautéed mushrooms in his:

 

We spent the evening snuggling on the couch and watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.