Tuesday, July 2, 2013

blocking entrelac, dahlia/zinnia, charity hat, skillet dinner

I can’t believe Michael actually went golfing Monday morning (7/1).  We had TORRENTIAL rains on Sunday and I think the course will be under water  J.  I finally decided today was the day to try to block the collar on my entrelac sweater.  It was harder than usual, because I didn’t want to block any of the entrelac stitching…I wanted that to stay as bouncy as it was when I finished knitting it.  Here’s how I did it.
I laid the sweater open on the island

then put plastic bags up the middle

I closed the sweater and put plastic bags along the edge of the collar.
Then I sprayed and sprayed and sprayed the collar (you know
how wool will resist water) until it was totally soaked.

Michael eventually came home from golf with an 87, and when he headed out back to play with the dog, I headed to the garden for more flowers.  The dahlias and zinnias are out in full force, so I got a nice bouquet for the kitchen:






 

 
 
 
 
I finished another hat in the afternoon:

how much longer must I endure these modeling sessions?
and made a new dinner in the evening.  Here’s the beginning of dinner in my new pan (that Ginny nagged and nagged me to get, and I finally got it…I LOVE it):

 


You put dry pasta, tomatoes, thinly sliced onion and garlic, and basil (I didn’t have any basil, so used some pesto I made last year) into a skillet.  Then you add in several cups of water and bring it to a boil, and cook for a bit until the pasta is done…it was absolutely yummy, a snap to put together…and only one pan to clean….my kind of meal!  I got 2 loaves of bread baked just after supper and read my book for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.