Wednesday, July 24, 2013

brownie/peanut butter cupcakes, Anne & Susan, birthday girl!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!  Yep, Tuesday (7/23)was my birthday (yes…I know you’re all wondering…it was the 29th anniversary of my 30th birthday….in case you totally fluked basic math….I’m 59!) and what a wonderful day it was…another bike ride/dog walk in the morning, followed by a leisurely breakfast at THE BIG VIEW while reading the paper.  We got a really late start to our day, so by the time we got home from breakfast, I needed to start baking my brownie/peanut butter cupcakes for Stitch & Chat:



While the cupcakes were baking, Anne and Susan came over to serenade me…..the first verse was the regular happy birthday…but the second verse (which I couldn’t hear very well because they were laughing and I was laughing, but definitely talked about getting older!) concluded with them banging their spoons on the pans:

 


Anyway, the cupcakes were barely done (and a few were still warm) when Joanne picked me up and we headed off to the Lake House.  My friend Nancy A’s birthday was Tuesday, so we celebrated together as everyone sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Joanne treated me to a WENDY”S frosty on the way home to celebrate, and I also got to see her new charity baby quilt and new tote bag before she took me home.  Michael took a pic of my b-day afternoon between 4 and 5 (typical pose...me reading with DOL.....dog on lap):

 



Then we quickly ate pizza, picked up Jan and Walt, made a quick stop at Michael’s, and headed to the movies to see THE HEAT.  We really liked it, although we all agreed that saying the “F” word only a thousand times (instead of a million!) would have been sufficient.  We read a bit when we got home, then toddled off to bed…really a perfect day.

 

1 comment:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday to you. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. You always bring such happiness to others so hope a little of it was brought to you yesterday. Love ya, girl and will see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.