Monday, July 1, 2013

hydrangeas, Anne's quilt top

Michael ran a bunch of errands on Friday (6/28), but not before cutting 2 new bouquets of hydrangeas (one for us and one for our neighbors):


I read a new book for awhile, and then started on semolina bread for dinner.  A friend of ours (Gale) asked if she bought semolina, if I would make bread, so we invited Gale and Phil and Sally and Jimmy over for dinner.   We had the bread, garlic chicken, Michael’s potato/carrot mash, my friend Cathy’s cucumber/onion salad with Italian dressing (with cucumbers from our neighbor's garden), and a plate of sliced tomatoes with balsamic dressing, basil and a little parmesan cheese.  There was apple pie for dessert and lots of great conversation before they left.

Saturday (6/29) was a wonderfully relaxing day!   Michael went golfing in the morning, coming home at 2:30 with an 87.  I read for a bit in the morning, and knit most of the afternoon.  I took dinner over to my neighbors (leftover chicken, garlic sauce, bread, cucumber/onion salad, along with a squash casserole that one of her friends had made) while Michal and I had the same thing at home!  We watched TV in the evening…it was a wonderful day.

Sunday morning we took a long bike ride, stopping at the grocery store on the way home.  We read the paper and had breakfast, then I headed to the studio to work on the quilt.  I got the last block in Saturday’s mail, so it was my goal to get it all sewn together before bedtime….and by 4 PM it was done!!! 
 
I spent the rest of the day and night doing a bit of knitting, while watching DESPICABLE ME with my honey.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.