Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July parade, 2nd charity quilt finished

Michael left at 7 AM for golfing on Wednesday (7/3) even though with more and more rain yesterday, the ground is like mush!  I put out our awning and wiped off the deck table, and got a charity quilt spray basted.  That took awhile, but I am glad I finally have something sewing related to work on.  Then it was time for the grocery store and the farmer’s market.  Michael went to the store for me last night before the movies, because the sales were ending.  He said the checkout guy said to him “well, your wife really knows how to shop”.  Michael spent $17 and saved $20.  Well, I think I did even better today.  On Wednesdays they will double coupons up to $1.99, so between sales and my coupons….my bill started at $43 and ended up at $14.04…WHOO HOO!!!  More food for my donation box..and a little for us too!  I headed home, had a quick lunch while reading my book and finally started quilting around 1 PM.  By the time I went to bed, the quilting was done….and I did a label….if I get it bound on Thursday I will be thrilled!
*****************************************************

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!  We spent a couple of hours Thursday morning in our neighbor’s driveway, watching the golf cart parade and socializing.  We have decorated golf cart parades for most of the major holidays, and for the first few years we lived here, they always came down our street.  Then our complex got VERY big and you had to go to one of the main drags to see them.  My friend Paula (who I swear generates about 100 ideas a minute) thought to put together our pod (a pod is a neighborhood basically) and the pods behind us, for our own private parade.  So we were in Ann Mary and Jim’s driveway, dinking eating, socializing…and oh yeah…watching the parade on Thursday morning:

of course there's got to be food at a driveway party

and DRINK naturally!!

settling in

yak, yak, yak!

and the parade starts!!!  That's Paula in the lead

more patriotic revelers

grandkids LOVE riding those golf carts

our neighbors Howard and Dee

Uncle Sam on his segway



 
 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
the end of the parade, Jay's gorgeous 57 chevy
 
 
 
There were many more pretty carts, but I didn't get pictures of all of them.  I THOUGHT I took a movie of the whole parade....but apparently I really DON"T know how to use the camera!!
 
When we came home I concentrated on the binding for my charity quilt and by bedtime the second of who-knows-how-many charity quilt tops is QUILTED…..YAY!!!!!








 

I spent a bit of time watching TV with my honey and knitting on a new vegetable hat…..you’ll have to wait for the pictures to understand that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.