Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Jan's grandkids


Tuesday morning (7/31) started out very well, but didn’t end nearly as well.  Nancy came over for a visit, and we were both kind of moving very slowly.  She did get to work on her knitted shawl, while I worked on fusing interfacing to all of my purse pieces.  She stayed until 12:30, after which I ate a quick lunch until Joanne picked me up for Stitch and Chat.  I really didn’t take good knitting for S&C (pattern was too involved) but I did get a couple of rows done (hopefully with no mistakes…I’ll find out for sure when I knit on it again) and did get to connect with friends.  Joanne and I left a bit early and she treated me to a WENDY”S FROSTY on the way home  J.  Jan came over in the afternoon to borrow my serger, and 3 of her grandkids came along to play with you-know-who: 
Ethan (from here), Amy (from Rhode Island) and Dana (Ethan's sister)

 In the evening I started to work on sewing the purses.  This is when things started to go downhill.  I discovered that one of the purses I cut out was 7 inches at one end, and 7-1/4 inches at the other end (when both ends were supposed to be 7-1/2???)  OK….no problem, I cut down to 7 inches and decide that I will keep that purse for myself.  So I start to sew the plastic sleeve and piece of Velcro on the top flap.  I get 3 flaps done, only to realize that I should be doing this on the coordinating fabric…and not the main fabric  L.  At this point I finally decide I am obviously too tired to be doing anything….so I go up and watch TV with Michael.  I pulled a Scarlett O’Hara….. Tomorrow is another day (and I’ll deal with the mistakes of Tuesday night then!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.