Sunday, August 26, 2012

pasta attachments


We were both up super early on Saturday (8/25), Michael for golf, and me to walk early with Beth, then get cleaned up to take breakfast over to my friend’s house.  They are still reeling over this health crisis and are going to need some emotional support for awhile.  We had a nice breakfast visit and I came home to get a bit of paperwork and a bit of crafting done.  Got the next step in the new snowflakes done and got another row on the charity quilt done and a tiny bit of knitting on some ruffle scarves.  I got pasta dough put together and resting while Michael took a shower after golf…then we made pasta for the first time using my new attachment for the Kitchen Aid mixer:

 


 

 

 

WOW – I cannot believe how quickly we got it done!!!  Mixing up the dough only takes about 10 minutes (if that) and then it rests for 30 minutes.  Rolling it out and cutting it by myself, on the old hand crank took anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half.  Michael and I worked together, and thanks to automation, it only took 20 minutes!!!  I was shocked!  I’m sure I’ll be making more fresh pasta in the future.  We had one funny moment…the front end of  the mixer has to come off to put on the attachment…I’ve had this mixer since 1976 and that part has NEVER been taken off…but Michael got a small screw driver for a prying tool, and it popped right off into his hands.  We packed up our drying rack of pasta, a bunch of sage, a stick of butter, knitting stuff and a couple of drinks and headed on over to our neighbors.  The guys watched golf downstairs while the ladies sat upstairs and talked and knit.  Dinner took literally 10 minutes to put together…I got the sage butter sauce going….garlic bread went in the oven, salad on the table…and the pasta took 2-1/2 minutes to cook.  It was TOTALLY yummy…everyone agreed!  We stayed for just a bit after dinner, then headed on home to take care of Cookie.  Good thing we did….Michael had trouble with his TV and it was picked up on Friday for repair.  They fixed it and said they would call Saturday when they were on their way to deliver…so we took our cell phone.  No call…we got home around 7:30, and they pulled into the driveway literally 5 minutes later….guess they forgot to call…but Michael was THRILLED to get his TV back so quickly….now if he can only find the correct fuses for one of his speakers….all will be perfect  J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.