Friday, August 24, 2012


Monday morning (8/20) it was raining, so no walking with Beth….YAY!!!!  That’s because of the walking and NOT because of Beth.  We talk the whole time and that part of it is TOTALLY enjoyable!  Anyway, I worked just a bit in the studio before heading off to my volunteer meeting.  I headed to Joann’s after the meeting and was TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED to find out that they are no longer carrying the fusible stuff I have been using for the snowflakes  L.  So, guess I’ll have to go with plan “B”, just as soon as I figure one out.  Michael took all of the blocks I have been working on at quilting and put them up on the design wall, so I spent the afternoon starting to sew those together.

 

It’s Friday morning now (8/24) and we had a wonderful trip to Waynesville.   Friends of ours saw this great deal for 2 days of golf and invited us and 2 other couples to go along.   One couple had to drop out due to minor surgery, so we said we could certainly find someone else.  We had a wonderful time….the guys played 18 holes the first day and 27 holes the second.  On the first day, the women all explored Waynesville, an obviously tourist-y town with lots of neat little shops full of lots of neat little things!  On the second day Sue found us a quilt store and we had a wonderful time exploring and shopping.   In the afternoon, we sat by the fountain, drinking and talking until the men came back.  The food was fabulous….I am only sorry I never got a picture of the 8 of us together….I kept thinking about it, but never quite got the camera pulled out  L.  Anyway, it was a great time and we got home yesterday just before lunch.  We unpacked, I got in a visit with Nancy (since we missed our regular Tuesday get-together), and I got some knitting done as well as a few more blocks on the charity quilt done.  We were really beat, so we headed to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.