Friday, August 31, 2012

garden flowers, banana bread & cookies


Michael took Cookie for a walk Thursday (8/30) morning, while I got the yoghurt out of the crockpot (I make yoghurt overnight) and spooned into individual servings with strawberries and pears.  I got in a quick shower and tried to pull my stuff together for quilting.  Everyone was working on charity projects at quilting and we all got quite a bit done.  When I got home, I had fresh flowers everywhere in the house:
 


 

 

And I was glad to see that even though I have neglected my roses fiercely this year…they are still giving us the occasional bloom!.

 

 
 
 
 
 
I made banana bread and cookies (Inez, these are the giant M&M chip cookies) when I got home:

 

 

and we ran a bread and 1/2 of the cookies over to Jimmy and Sally while they were still warm (but as you can see, not before we had a couple of slices out of our own loaf).  It took all of our self control not to stuff the cookies in our mouths on the way over because they smelled SO GOOD!!!  I continued to work on the breast cancer purses until about 8, when I went upstairs and joined my honey on the couch.  We were supposed to be watching TV together…but I think I slept during the last hour of it  J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.