Saturday, August 11, 2012

mini wall hanging and rope tote fabric


Friday morning 8/10) I took a walk with Beth and Cookie, then Michael decided to take a walk with Cookie as well.  We had blueberry pancakes when he got back and then both of us retired to the studio.  I am working on snowflakes and another set of purses, and Michael is working on deciding where fabrics will go in the new wall hanging.

 Michael finished deciding where all of the fabric should go, and went upstairs to watch golf.  I decided to make a miniature of the wall hanging to make sure we liked it….we didn’t  L:





It took me a couple of hours to get it all together, but it was worth it because neither one of us liked the layout.  I think I need more contrast of light and dark, and a better definition between my green fabrics and my blue fabrics.  Anyway, it was worth figuring out before I made the big one.  In the afternoon I put together these no bake peanut butter and chocolate cookies.  I started to make them and ran out of peanut butter….Michael mentioned that there was some almond butter up in the cupboard, so I used that.  It still wasn’t enough, so I used this stuff called NUTSO, which is a kind of nut butter with lots of seeds in it.  The cookies were fabulous  J.  We had leftovers for dinner and spent the evening reading and watching TV.



Several people have asked what the fabric looked like for the latest tope so I’m including a picture.  I thought the fabric was really ugly, but thought the colors would look pretty in the a tote and I think I was right:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.