Wednesday, August 29, 2012


After Beth and I walked on Tuesday (8/28) morning, I headed up to Harris Teeter for some groceries.  Between store specials and my coupons….I saved more than I spent, so I did the happy dance  J.  Michael left for errands and I did paperwork for over an hour.  As I mentioned, our friends are still reeling from a diagnosis of an aggressive and cancerous brain tumor.  They are wonderful people and of course, everyone is calling them to ask questions about the diagnosis and to ask what they can do.  The family is exhausted and is still trying to grasp how much their life is going to change.  I stepped up and offered to send out a regular newsletter about what is going on and also to organize people for meals and driving to doctor’s appointments and such.  Since I’m just getting started, I’m getting a lot email and it took me awhile to get it all organized.  I stopped around 11:30 to get showered and dressed for Stitch ‘n’ Chat in the afternoon, and worked a bit more on the breast cancer purses before dinner.  I am all done with 3 more….at least as far as I can go without embroidering them.  I will set them aside and work on something else. 
 
Michael & Larry went to the movies in the evening and Cookie and I watched TV, had popcorn and I actually got a bit of knitting done too!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.