Saturday, August 4, 2012

lots of food and Jan's grankids


Friday (8/3) was a very productive day for me…I wish they could all be like that!  I harvested a bunch of basil and made pesto before heading down to the studio to continue working on my purses.  I got this one done (I guess I just shouldn’t try to take pictures on the close-up setting of the camera…they are ALWAYS fuzzy):


then headed upstairs to made bread dough.  While it was rising, I made a quick trip over to Jan’s to re-thread the serger so that she could continue making the duvet cover for her daughter.  In the afternoon I continued to sew on the 7 other purses, stopping around 4 to bake the bread (Paula finally got some.  I felt bad that when she came home from vacation, she had not 1 but 2 messages from me saying ‘I have hot bread…you want some’?  She’s finally home and came down for 1/2 a loaf): 

 a peach cobbler:

 and 2 individual pizzas with a new crust recipe:














It was a case of ‘as long as the oven is on….I’m baking a lot’!  After dinner, several people showed up to spirit Cookie away:


Jan, Amy (grandaughter), Dana (grandaughter), Ethan (granson)


I aked Dana to move in so I got a better picture of her!

Dana, Ethan (in back) and Amy driving away with my baby!

 And in the evening, I finally finished the other purses (some embroidered, some not):



 Jan and the kids brought Cookie back around 10, and we went to bed shortly afterwards.

1 comment:

  1. So it sure looks like Cookie enjoys golf cart rides. Love the blue purses, and I know the embroidery is a pain in the neck, but it really makes the purses zing.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.