Monday, September 17, 2012

dough in bowl, dough in bread pan, pizza


The weather has been much better lately…not as hot during the day and cooling off quite a bit at night, so our bike ride Sunday morning (9/16) was very nice.  We had breakfast on the deck afterwards, then I headed to the studio to keep working on Halloween and Michael spent time working on his lines.  He made a sandwich for us to share at lunch, and mentioned that we were almost out of bread, so when he left for rehearsal around 2, I headed upstairs to make sandwich bread.  Isn’t this a great picture: 

 

 Every time I make bread I think of my mom…even though she worked, we had homemade bread often.  This reminds me of her bread bowl, only hers was blue.  Several people have asked about my baking 2 small loaves in the same pan, so I thought I’d take a picture after I shaped and put the dough into my bread pan:

 

 Once it baked, I shared a mini-loaf with our neighbor, whose wife is out of town for a week.  While the bread was rising, I got a peach cobbler put together and delivered to Jimmy and Sally’s house.  I called earlier and they said they were baking their dinner tonight, so I thought they could slide it in the over right as dinner came out.  I like to share both the dessert AND the smell of it baking…that’s at least 1/2 of the pleasure!

Luckily, I still had dough left over from artisan bread making, so I didn’t have to make a separate dough for our dinner pizza:
 

 
We watched a bit of TV in the evening, and I worked on my knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.