Saturday, September 29, 2012

beef enchiladas, yoghurt, measuring for ice cream, hand cream, coffee cake


Friday morning (9/28) was a very productive morning in the kitchen.  Michael left early for his last round of scoring at a golf tournament and I got 3 pans of beef enchiladas put together:

 

yoghurt started in the crockpot:

 

 the base for lactose free Chocolate Decadence ice cream:

 
and a bunch of hand cream for the craft fair in 3 weeks (the top one is a re-fill, that’s why the label is smudged...I certainly don't want you to think I put out anything less than....perfection J):

 

It was 11:30 by the time I finally finished cleaning up, so I headed downstairs for a marathon of knitting.  I finished one necklace and got another one strung with beads.  I went upstairs around 4 to bake 2 coffee cakes, and while they were baking, got to sit out on the porch and visit with Susan (neighbor) for awhile: 
 
 
Michael came home from his second day of scoring totally exhausted….so he took a quick nap and an even quicker shower and we packed up one of the coffee cakes while still warm (and a pan of enchiladas) and headed off for a visit with Sally and Jimmy.  Jimmy’s first week of chemo/radiation is over and he is still doing wonderfully well.  After our visit, we sped up to Nancy’s to pick up a quilt she had quilted for me (pictures next week) and then beat the rain home for grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and knitting in the evening while watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.