Tuesday, October 15, 2019

tutorial on breakfast casserole, new yarn, AJ, Rod Serling


Michael left for golf before 8 AM on Monday morning, while I did a bunch of paperwork before spending quite a bit of time pulling together an AWESOME breakfast:  

I diced a yellow pepper

and an orange one

lots of onions

lots of extra sharp cheddar

cooked sausage

then I beat up 16 eggs with cream and S&P and carefully poured it over everything

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  OMgoodness...this was SO yummy!!!

After eating I headed over to Hobby Lobby (in my golf cart!!) to pick up on-sale yarn for a vest for AJ:  


I figured I’d get something that can go with several colors and I got one skein wound while watching TV in the evening.  I hope to have a vest pattern done (that Sharon was working on at the Fiber Floozie retreat) by the spring.

I swung through the Lake House parking lot on the way home and just had to get a couple of pictures...I LOVE this golf cart:

notice the flames on the side front


Hotrod to the max!!!  

And our flowers in front of the Lake House are just gorgeous and have been all  year:



By the time I got home it was just before 1 PM and time to get to quilting on the second leaded quilt:  


I spent all afternoon on that and got about 40% of the way done.  

My honey came home from golf having eaten lunch on the road, so he wasn’t very hungry for dinner…we both had yoghurt!  I continued to work in the studio after dinner and got a bit of ironing done on the snowball quilt as it is finally all sewn together.  Speaking of which, I’m so glad I SKYPE’d with BG over the weekend as in talking with her, we figured out where my fabric came from.  I’ve been working on the snowball quilt and thinking about borders and what fabric I could use for borders.  Part of the problem was, I could NOT remember where this fabric came from!!  The fabric is different colors, but all of the same pattern on the fabric, so I know I didn’t buy it at different times in different places.  I thought maybe it was from a rainbow pack of fat quarters I ordered awhile ago, but I have one strip that I didn’t use, and it is a full 42’’ strip….so that idea was a bust.  BG started talking about FOUST and she was right….I bought this as a rainbow-ish jelly roll from FOUST in February….I took it on retreat with Pat in March in case I ran out of other stuff to work on.  I did about 1/2 of the blocks on retreat, but when I came home I had a bunch of UFO’s I wanted to finish, so I packed the blocks all away until I pulled it out a couple of weeks ago to finish.  I am very glad that little mystery is solved…now I have to find a nice batik that will go with all of the colors for my border.  

I finally headed upstairs around 8 PM to settle in with my honey.

More cuteness...AJ learns how to fly:


And my honey sent me this...and it is HYSTERICAL....but you have to read it in that Rod Serling voice:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.