Sunday, October 6, 2019

inside of FPF done, J&D's summer quilt blocks done


Michael left before 8 AM for a bit of golf here at SCCL.  The doctor told him he could do some light chipping and putting, but that was it.  The heat (in the high 90’s) finally broke and it was 65 degrees out on the lanair in the morning…it was so delightful that Lucy and Ethel and I sat out there all morning….they were alternately sleeping and watching the birds while I was sipping my tea and reading my book.  It was terrific!  

I hit my studio in the afternoon and decided that if I concentrated on the FPF patriotic, I could get the inside together by dinnertime…and I was right:






-borders for my quilt with brown leading    DONE!

-binding for first leaded quilt (8 strips)      DONE!

-second leaded quilt currently on design wall       DONE!

-borders for second leaded quilt started     DONE!

-binding for second leaded quilt (8 strips)   DONE!

-QoV fpf started at retreat, all blocks done       DONE!

-borders for QoV fpf

-binding for QoV fpf

-snowball quilt

-borders for snowball quilt

-binding for snowball quilt

-beds for animal shelter

-binding and label for purple quilt

-keep up with any customer quilts that come in   DONE!!!

We played cribbage in the evening, then watched a bunch of MARY TYLER MOORE’s before bed.

J&D in NC
Janice thought she had all of her blocks done for her 'southern' quilt, but decided there were a few that didn't really fit in.  She made 6 more blocks and incorporated them for some of the grayer/darker blocks and is chomping at the bit to start sewing it together.  I think it will look PERFECT in their new home:

before

after

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.