Monday, October 14, 2019

second leaded quilt started, bookcase in art room, Pat W's new t-shirt

*** The blog formatting has been acting up for 2 weeks. I have been able to correct it so far, but this morning my corrections are not working.  If the lines in this entry are all squished together on your email, I apologize, but I could not get it to change ***

We had rather an exciting start to our Sunday morning (10/13). Pat called and we got to talk for a long time…heaven…as we haven’t seen each other in forever and she just got back from a trip to Chicago. We’d been talking for about 1/2 an hour when Michael tells me he’s going to walk Cookie, trying to get it in before it starts raining. They aren’t gone more than 5 minutes before the downpour starts. I hang up on Pat and race out to the golf cart…in my PJ’s (which is basically just an oversized t-shirt)….no shoes…hair looking a mess…to go searching for my honey. Of course my neighbor 2 doors down is out in his garage and gives me a cheery wave as I fly by…looking something like THE WRECK OF THE HESPERUS (now how many of you oldies have heard that reference???)* Anyway, I found them just up the street and we laughed all the way home. 

My honey headed out to breakfast on the lanair: 


leftover waffles from last Monday

while I headed to the studio to get my blog out and continue quilting for the day. I was going great guns, until a miscalculation on the last set of rows resulted in my ripping out quilting for almost an hour….but by mid-afternoon, the first quilt was done: 


And I lined up the second quilt as close as possible:


and got it basted….




WHEW!!! it all fits, but it’s a good thing I basted those extra patriotic scrap strips on the top and bottom: 



Michael and I spent a bit of time in the afternoon putting books back on the shelves we moved in his art room: 

I sorted through and weeded out lots of stuff before putting it back


check out kitties on the shelf


And I got another embroidery done for the Prayers & Squares quilts I hope to make: 


We had a yummy, fall type dinner: 

chicken re-warming in my yummy gravy

chicken, broccoli, cranberry sauce, chicken/gravy

and relaxed in the media room the rest of the evening. 

Pat saw this embroidery on Friday, bought it, and has this beautiful shirt done already: 



* “You look like the wreck of the Hesperus!” It means you look “disheveled, ragged, dirty, hung over, or otherwise less than your best.” It may sound like an odd phrase, but it made perfect sense to generations of schoolchildren familiar with this Henry Wadsworth Longfellow poem about a ship in a storm-tossed sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.