Thursday, October 17, 2019

first leaded quilt on to-be-bound pile


My honey and I spent a most perfect morning out on the lanair Wednesday (10/16), eating our breakfast, reading our books and listening to the rain.  I have always loved rainy days and today was just perfect.  But all good things must come to an end; the rain slowed down and I finally made my way to the studio at NOON.  

Michael came down shortly afterwards and we watched a bit of TV while we both worked on different things.  I got one quilt all cleaned up and off of the frame:  


and also got one of the borders done for the snowball quilt:  


And as Janice continues to inspire me….my leaders and enders have finally turned into a few more 4 patch blocks:  




The only problem is, you always need a place to store the blocks until that time in the future when you have enough for a quilt….luckily I have an empty drawer and I am keeping track of what I put in there, so that I will know when I have enough to make a scrap quilt:  

I've thought of a pattern that will conbine my large and small 4 patches

My honey had the last of the mac ‘n’ cheese for dinner and I continued to work for a bit downstairs afterwards.  I got the inner snowball border done….boring tone-on-tone cream before joining him upstairs.  I got all of my recent embroideries cleaned up while watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.