Friday, October 11, 2019

SHQ Show & Tell


My honey woke up Thursday (10/10) feeling good enough to help get me out the door on time to quilting….YAY!!  Guess it was just a 24 hour bug…but boy it was really bad…I am very glad he feels better.  He packed the car and I picked up Paula at 9:10…we made a quick stop at REDBOX (to return the movie) and a stop at the library (to pick up books for Loree) before heading for quilting.  

We had a wonderful time, with only a bit of show and tell…but it was all beautiful:  

so adorable with 3-D elephant ears

June's one block wonder





this looke MUCH prettier in person

Paula and I stayed for lunch and sewed for a bit after that before heading back to South Park to drop off the sleep test equipment.  When we got home, we sat in her driveway and talked for at least 45 minutes.  I was finally home just after 4 PM and my honey decided he felt well enough to head for the driving range for a bit.  

Michael was home at 6 PM stating that it had been a mistake to go to the range…he was exhausted.  He asked me before he left what was on my mind for dinner (chicken/stuffing/cranberry sauce/wine gravy/broccoli), but when he came home he said he really just wanted mac ‘m’ cheese.  Now, I was 99-1/2% sure that we didn’t have any little blue boxes in the pantry….and unfortunately, I was right.  

I have to digress a little bit here.  Most people think I am very productive, but they attribute it to the wrong thing.  They think I am very fast at everything which is not true.  The truth is, I probably spend many more hours a day doing my crafts than others do.  As BG can tell you, I am a very slow sewer…..I’m not sure who now can attest to the fact that I am a slow knitter…and maybe Inez can weigh in that I’m not a very fast baker either (definitely not when making lemon curd....right??)  So, I hope you will understand why I was inordinately pleased 20 minutes later, to be serving my honey homemade, made up mac ‘n’ cheese: 4 tbsp butter, heaping quarter cup flour, cook for a minute, then gradually add in 2 cups of milk, stir until thickened and then put in handfuls (about 12 oz) of grated-from-a-block extra sharp cheddar cheese.  While I was making the sauce, I was cooking 1-1/2 cups of medium shell pasta in the microwave.  I added a whisper of nutmeg and a tiny bit more of garlic powder (not enough to really taste it, just to enhance the flavor of the sauce) before stirring in the cooked shells.  Next time I think I could have used a bit more pasta (maybe 2 cups dry), but other than that, my honey said it was creamy and yummy.  

He spent the rest of the night relaxing on the couch….which he definitely needed.  I spent 1/2 an hour in the kitchen, making my ginger/cinnamon drink (June, my ginger weighed 8 oz and I made a gallon of ‘juice’) before joining my honey on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.