Saturday, October 12, 2019

breakfast with the gals


Michael and I were both up and out early on Friday (10/11).  He had a 9 AM appointment at Triple A to book flights/hotel/car for our weekend visit to the kids at the end of the month, while I headed to Le Peep for breakfast with the gals:  

Gale, Ann Mary, Sally

Ginny

I had a cheese and sausage omelet with some sliced tomatoes and it was yummy and VERY filling:

of course I didn't remember to take the pic until after I started eating!!

I didn’t get home until just after NOON, and then had a long and wonderful talk with Inez (who's down with bronchitis  :~(, before heading to my studio.  

I bit the bullet and finally counted the quilt tops I have in the guest bedroom….SIXTEEN!!!!!  So, although I really don’t want to create any more UFO’s, I felt compelled to load up the backing for 2 Beds=Dreams quilts.  That took me a bit of time as I did something foolish.  When I went looking for a brown backing to complete my 2 recent ‘leaded’ quilts, I was so excited about the fabric I found at the price I found that I ordered it right away without thinking through how much I really needed.  I barely ordered the amount I needed for the quilts…without adding on extra for my clamps, etc  :~(.  So, I found some old strips of other fabric in my scrap drawer and basted strips onto the top and bottom of the brown backing.  I’m hoping that will be enough to save me, but I won’t really know until the first quilt is all quilted and I go to load and baste the second quilt….keep your fingers crossed for me…ok???  Anyway, by the time I was done with that and got the backing loaded, my honey was home from his afternoon eye doctor appointment.  

We talked for a long time, then just had a small dinner (Michael had gotten a milkshake on the way home and I just wasn’t very hungry) and basically read our books for the rest of the evening.  We were supposed to go into Charlotte for a play, but he was still really tired from earlier in the week, so we decided not to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.