Monday, October 21, 2019

quilting dragronglies, Pam at wedding, mayonnaise


I was so flustered by how late I was in getting my blog out on Sunday, that I missed posting a bunch of pictures…heavens  :~).  

(Saturday) - In addition to June, we had another visitor in the afternoon: 





We went upstairs around 5 PM (and saw a-boy-and-his-dog): 

yawning

and reading  :~)

and started to put together a meatloaf.  I was not looking forward to eating at 7:30 PM (because it takes so long for the meatloaf to cook) when BG said ‘I make hamburger meatloaf'.  What a revelation!!!  I mixed up all of the ingredients, then parsed it out into hamburgers…..voila….20 minutes in the oven and they were cooked and we sat down to hamburger meatloaf, yummy tomatoes still from Loree and Reg’s garden:


and broccoli with cheese:  


We talked for a bit after dinner, but we were both tired, so I came upstairs around 8 PM and finished my book.  I REALLY enjoyed THE MOTHER-IN-LAW and would highly recommend it.  A good study in how people think many things, but don’t always say them.  I can think of a simple example in my own life….I run into someone at the store or at a meeting….my brain thinks ‘oh, doesn’t she look nice’….how come sometimes my mouth doesn’t open up and say that???  Anyway, a good read by Sally Hepworth.  

---------------------

BG and I continued to work on our dragonfly project on Sunday (10/20)



She was really the only one working on it as I was quilting my customer quilt.  Anne came by for a visit to see BG and our wall hangings…


AND to help me make mayonnaise!!!!!:




Paula stopped by to pick up Michael to go to the play here at SCCL…it was ‘9 – 5’, the musical version.  

I got a lovely email from Pam in the afternoon, modeling the mohair shrug at the wedding….she looked beautiful and she said the shrug was perfect:  



I am SO VERY GLAD it found a good home  :~).

BG finished fusing down her dragonflies, and I finished up my customer quilt….so we got hers loaded, she auditioned thread, then basted down the sides and took off:  




OMword!!!  It is going to be absolutely stunning.

While Michael was gone, all of the kids (including Cookie which was very unusual) were downstairs with us:

the princess & the pea




Once my honey came home from the play, he ran to the store for me so that BG and I could continue quilting.  Once he brought everything home, BG & I spent about an hour in the evening in the kitchen....BG made cole slaw, then helped me to put together 48 ham/cheese/poppy seed slider buns for Sweet & Savory on Monday.  Michael was furiously playing in a tournament of WORDSCAPES on his phone....and he came in FIRST!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.