Saturday, October 5, 2019

customer quilt finished


Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Friday morning (10/4) while I headed to my studio.  I had hoped to put in some time on my customer quilt on Thursday, but I never made it so that was first up on my agenda.  After cleaning, oiling and putting in a new bobbin (cleaning and oiling and checking the tension is something that happens with every single bobbin change), I kicked off the quilting and dropped back to sewing my FPF together:  


Michael and I left at 12:30 to see the movie JUDY (about Judy Garland) at Redstone and got home at 4 PM.  You’ll have to wait for Michael’s review of the movie…I can only say that it was hard for me to watch parts of this movie where Judy was addicted to pills/alcohol and not dependable.  

I got in a bit more quilting time and by the time I headed upstairs, my customer quilt was finished….YAY!!!  



We had champagne and puffy things 




for dinner to celebrate the successful end of a harrowing week and snuggled in to watch AS TIME GOES BY for the rest of the night.

*** MMR – Michael’s Move Reviews ***



Ad Astra stars Brad Pitt and Tommy Lee Jones as estranged father and son. Set many years into the future, this sci-fi flick is anything but. If you want aliens and far out worlds look somewhere else. Yes, there are some neat space scenes and one really scary part, but the film centers around the father/ son relationship. Bad things are happening on earth because of something originating near Neptune. Brad is tasked with finding out what it is and lo and behold his father is behind it. This is more of a psychological drama than a space adventure, so I was a little disappointed in how the plot developed. It’s a good character study, but that was not what I expected.  I give it 3 fat quarters out of 5.

And Trump continues to abuse his power by asking yet another foreign country to investigate only his political rivals:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.