Friday, October 18, 2019

SHQ Show & Tell


Thank goodness my honey had time to load the car for me on Thursday (10/17) or I never would have gotten out of the house!  I picked up Paula and we headed off to quilting.  I only took in my serger and the fabric sandwich I have wanted to turn into beds for the shelter.  After I got there, I discovered that I had my rolled edge plate on, so back home I went  :~(.  When I got back, June changed me over from black to white thread and fixed my tension and away I went.  I now have 4 small pads, and as soon as I weave in the ends, I will take a picture and deliver them to the shelter.  We had some beautiful show and tell this week:  

(several people finished their bags from Sandy D's class last week):






adorable applique from Floy

a few close-ups


I totally want this!!!


Marge's friend had several pillow covers from Tibet:


Paula and left for home around 1 PM and I don’t know why, but I was totally ready for a nap.  I napped on the lanair (heaven!) until my honey got home and we talked for quite a bit.  By then he was ready for a nap, and I headed in to do intake on another customer quilt.  We had a quick, whatever-one-could-find dinner before heading into Charlotte for Actor’s Theatre.  The play was WOLVES, kind of a coming-of-age of a group of high school gals on a soccer team and I have to say, it wasn’t to our liking.  It was hard to hear and all of the gals were talking all at once…..we didn’t stay until the end.  

We were home just after 9 PM and Michael decided he wanted to read.  This is why I LOVE OUR LIBRARY.  I didn’t have anything to read, and had seen a book at Rosalie’s house when we were there for the weaving meeting.  I went on-line, they had the book, I down loaded it (THE MOTHER-IN-LAW)…and started reading….SCORE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.