Monday, February 29, 2016

Cookie & Elsie, roses, patriotic block, 2 new fish embroideries



We haven’t had waffles in forever, and I had buttermilk to use up, so it was waffles for breakfast on Sunday (2/28).  These are from a relatively recent recipe (first made in July of 2013) and are called WAFFLES OF INSANCE GREATNESS.  By the end of breakfast, Michael indicated that he thinks they are even better than the overnight Belgium waffles (previously his favorite!!)  Our furry babies spent breakfast basking in the sun 

 
and the yellow roses from Loree (on our kitchen table) have started to open…















it was a beautiful morning :~).  By 11 AM I was down in the studio, continuing to work on patriotic quilts.  I’m doing a combination Debbie/BG/MJ method…I have everything cut and have done 10 of my blocks for one quilt 1/2 way done….but before I sew the other blocks to the 1/2 way point, I’m going to go all the way to the end with the blocks I have done.  I am anxious to see how they come out, and what the layout looks like.  





(I know BG and MJ will know what I’m talking about :~)  I also continued to embroider and got 2 more sets of fish embroidery done.   














 
I had lasagna for dinner and spent the evening watching TV with my honey and ripping out stitches to reclaim backing fabric from a recent quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.