Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Pat C quilt finished, dish drainer, new note card



I finished a quilt quite awhile ago for my neighbor Pat C, but she wanted me to hold off on putting it in the blog until it was presented.  She finally gave the gift a day or so ago and called on Tuesday (3/16) to tell me.  She and I think 3 other couples go on vacation together at the beach, and she made this quilt as a thank you for the hosting couples.  I think it is a beautiful gift and apparently it was very well received:

So….our dishwasher is officially dead.  Michael has started to research new ones, but until we get one, he has come up with an innovative idea for our dish drainer to hold everything we are hand washing.  Both of us have agreed that it is working surprisingly well:   
 
yes, it IS the bottom rack of our dishwasher


















 I spent Tuesday morning working on a new, secret project….again…you won’t have to wait very long for this one…I hope to be able to talk about it in a week or so, but in the meantime, everything else has come to a halt.  In the afternoon I went to Stitch and Chat and finally got a chance to talk to Marilyn.  I am doing one of her patterns, and didn’t want to put a hood on the kid's sweater…but didn’t know what to do instead.  Luckily she got me going again.  After that it was back home to sew-sew-sew.  Larry picked up Michael close to 7 PM to go to the movies…and I continued to sew until almost 10 when he got home.  Over the weekend he was working on another note card and finished it…I really like this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.