Saturday, February 27, 2016

lasagna tutorial, chocolate/peanutbutter rick krispy treats, Cookie & Elsie (too many to count), Loree & Reg, Doug & Paula



We had a wonderful Friday morning (2/26).  Michael had eggs with the leftover pancakes for breakfast, while I had a piece of sausage bread (courtesy of my neighbor Jim N).  I put together garlic/herb roll dough and headed the studio, waiting for Michael to get home from all of his errands and join me.  I dropped back to working on the feather bargello, hoping to finish the top by the end of the weekend.  I also continued to stitch out fish embroideries, which will eventually be used for more Clinton School quilts.  At 1 PM Michael was finished with his emails and decided to hit the golf course, so I headed upstairs to get a move on, on the rest of dinner.  I put together a veggie lasagna, 
sauce (a mixture of tomato sauce and my homemade pesto)

uncooked noodles




 
sauteed veggies (zucchini, mushrooms, onions)

ricotta layer

mozzarella.  do 3 more layers, then done!


and chocolate/peanut butter rice krispy treats (still have leftover rice krispies from Christmas).   

Luckily the camera was in the kitchen while I was working and I got terrific pictures of snuggling AS IT WAS HAPPENING (yes, Elsie does really knead Cookie's back before she settles in...I can't believe Cookie puts up with it :~): 













Then it was back to the studio to finally FINISH the top of the feather bargello quilt…YAY!!!   

Michael set the table: 


and our guests, Loree & Reg 

 and Doug & Paula 

 arrived at 6 PM.  Paula brought cookies for Michael (since I haven’t made any for him in forever and also because I ate all of the Valentine’s ones she brought :~), 

and Loree brought me the most beautiful bouquet of roses:  

yellow roses for friendship

 We had salad, then lasagna, green beans and rolls, then started to play Phase 10.   


 
I guess this game goes much better with only 4 people…there was LOTS of complaining about how none of us were getting anywhere….but lots of laughing too!  We finally stopped for dessert, and just talked after that.  It was a wonderful evening…a nice ending to a rather not great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.