Sunday, February 28, 2016

new dishwasher, start of patriotic quilts


We were both up early Saturday morning (2/28)…Michael to get ready for his first official 18 holes of golf in 6 weeks (since he had his pacemaker implanted) and me to start making some patriotic quilts.  Loree gave me a quick cutting lesson Friday night before she and Reg left, so I am hoping to improve on the accuracy of my blocks.  Michael had a 1/2 hour delay to the start of golf…it was still in the 30’s when he left….brr-r-r-r.  I worked on my embroideries and cutting until 11:30, when I headed upstairs to clean out under the kitchen sink.  You may remember that our dishwasher stopped working awhile back…we ordered a new one and it was delivered and installed in the afternoon. 
 
old, came w/ the house, never very good

new Bosch, buttons in top of door
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I started washing the dishes from Friday night…and it was so quiet that I didn’t even think it was working!!  I’m still getting used to loading and what buttons to push….at least the dishes came out clean for a change :~).  I spent the afternoon and some evening hours working on patriotic and embroideries.  I got all of my fabric cut out for 2 small (50’’ by 60’’) quilts
 
and also started to sew them together.  I’m going to do the blocks in 2 different ways to see if there’s a difference in what I like.  The first way I am incorporating all 3 colors in the initial blocks. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Michael had a birthday party to attend for our friend Harry.  I was supposed to be in CT, plus I was really kind of tired, so I stayed home.  When he came home at 10 we snuggled and watched a bit of TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.