Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Cookie, sandwich bread, Elsie & Cookie a trois, layout of first patriotic



Michael was up at 6 AM Monday morning (2/29) to get ready for golf, and I followed shortly afterwards as I had lots to do as well.  I guess that was too early for Cookie, who ran back to snuggle in the sheets:   

I got through all of my emails and made a blog entry before heading upstairs to make bread dough.  I used cold water, since I left shortly afterwards for a doctor’s visit and didn’t want it to rise too quickly.   

This was just a follow-up visit after the hospital visit and everything is fine.  I made a quick stop at the library and Jan’s house on the way home, and finally got to settle into sewing by 11 AM.  I worked on my blocks for a bit, stopping around 1 to bake the bread (we gave the extra 1/2 loaf to our neighbors Anne & Bryce)…

 and the house still smelled good when Michael got home from golf just before 3 PM.  He shot an 85 and was low man…which made him happy, happy, happy!  Peggy (new Volunteer president) stopped by to pick up all of the posters for the year, and when I came upstairs to greet her, I found yet another snuggling session going on.   



 
 Actually, it look more like whoever was there first wasn’t about to give up their prime spot!  Michael and I had leftovers for dinner and I finished up the blocks for the first patriotic quilt in the early evening.  With just a quarter turn of every other block, I can lay these out in 2 VERY different layouts…which one do you like better?   















If you want to vote, leave me a comment…I definitely have a favorite.

5 comments:

  1. with those colors, I like the first one. (MJnCT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally like the lower photo better, but who will the quilt be for? A man might like the top one better, more traditional looming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the quilt pattern on the upper left. However, the other one is nice too.

    Love the one you did for Karen B.

    Inez

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like the second layout with the softer corners! And your secret project is both lovely in thought as well as visual beauty.
    Nancy A

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the second one.
    Pat


    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.