Monday, February 15, 2016

Ethel's quilt & label finished, new fish embroideries



I spent many hours on Saturday (2/13) with Willa at the home of a fellow long armer.  Harvey and his wife Lynn started a Quilt of Valor ministry about 2 years ago.  They now have a group of 33 people doing it with them, and have delivered quilts all over the states.  I was so happy to talk to him, and I learned 2 things about long arming within the first 1/2 hour we were together :~).  I really need to talk to other long armers to improve my skills.  His wife loaded up a quilt and he began to stitch out on it.  Thanks to the videos I have watched on YOUTUBE, I am much more knowledgeable about the software than he is (we have the same software), and I offered to come back any time and show him some tricks.  Our trip was MUCH longer than I had anticipated and I was beat when we got home.  I ended up relaxing and finishing my book: THE SEAKEEPERS DAUGHTER by Lisa Wingate.  This was excellent and set in and around Virginia and the Carolinas.  I'm definitely going to see if she has written anything else and order it from the library.  Sue & Dennis picked us up at 5:15 to head up to the Lake House for dinner and trivia night.  It was a really fun evening.

***********

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!  I spent at bit of time at URGENT CARE on Sunday morning, finding out what is going on with my tastebuds.  The doctor thinks it is some kind of virus.  He wants me to wait another 3 – 4 days and if it isn’t better (I told him the coughing and drainage were definitely getting better), then to start on antibiotics because by then it may have turned into a bacterial infection.  After that I headed to Ethel’s to drop off her quilt.   


















 
She seemed VERY pleased with it and thought she might give it to her son-in-law, who is a real peach.  After that I headed home and finally got to my studio around 2 PM.  I made a bit of progress on the bargello feather and also got some embroideries done (to go with the new fish fabric I bought at Foust).   


Michael and I had popcorn and watched RED after dinner….a great and funny spy movie.  We ended up seeing RED2 while we were in Iceland, and so I got the original movie from the library.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the fish embroideries !!! Can't wait to see the Foust fabric that it will go with.... MJnCT

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.