Sunday, February 21, 2016

chocolate rice krispy treats



I have to tell you…this secret project is doing a number on my right hand.  I thought I had a hairline fracture or something, but finally figured out that it was too much rotary cutting in too short a time with a hand with arthritis.  It is hurting a LOT when I try to do something….luckily my cutting is all done now and it is just sewing – sewing – sewing!!

After breakfast on Saturday (2/20) I put together chocolate rice krispy treats for the open house at the Fort Mill Theatre, 

















then settled in to begin sewing together the second 1/2 of my blocks.  You know, I set my portable sewing machine up on the kitchen table so that all of the blocks will be sewn with the same machine (since I started them at quilting on Thursday), and it is kind of nice to be able to look out the window while I’m sewing.  Michael left at 2 PM for the open house, and I continued to sew until 7 PM (with a quick stop for a baked potato for dinner).  I had all of the blocks laid out on the design wall by the time Michael came home…he said the rice krispy treats went in a FLASH!!  I sewed for a bit more while he relaxed and watched TV…then we watched together until bedtime.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.