Monday, December 30, 2013

quiche

Sunday (12/29) was not a very good day here in SCCL.  A friend of mine was in a horrific car accident on Thursday, the day after Christmas.  From what little I understand, there was a stranded car on the road, and her husband swerved to miss the car.  Both Jan and her husband (for CT folks, this is NOT Jan & Walt) were airlifted to the hospital, but Jan was on life support and died Sunday morning.  She was in Stitch & Chat and Volunteers, and was one of the people who modeled my entrelac sweater when I wore it for the first time…and she looked the best in it J.  She was very tall and thin and just looked great.  S&C was on hiatus last week, but Jan and I spoke several times as she helped me out with a new resident who lived near her, and needed a lot of support.  When we were talking about her helping, she said ‘I feel like this is what God wants me to do’.  I can’t believe how quickly things can change…and my heart breaks for her husband who will surely live that moment over and over again for a long time to come.  Jan was a wonderful, kind and caring person and she will be missed. 

I read a lot in the afternoon, an interesting and very different book called PARASITE by Mira Grant.  It was an incredibly interesting look at the possible future of mankind…and thanks to my parasitology course in college…it gave me the CREEPS!

Dinner for Michael was spaghetti & meatballs (when he heard what he was having, he said ‘whose house are we going to’, because I only make it about once every 2 years!).  Dinner for me was a broccoli:



and caramelized onion quiche:








 

Does the crust look funny to you?  It should, it’s 2 burrito wrappers….convenient, easy and WAY less calories than a regular crust…it was yummy.  We spent the evening watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.