Thursday, December 12, 2013

caramel popcorn, sugared pecans


Michael had a golf delay on Wednesday morning(12/11) due to frost, so I was already working before he left.  My oven went on at 10 AM and didn’t go off until 4:30 PM.  Barrie came over for a visit in the morning, and we talked and talked while I worked on making Donna’s caramel popcorn:

making sure the coating is dry before bagging up
 

and sugared pecans:
getting the pecans wet so that the coating will adhere

they've been baking for an hour...the
library people said 'these are as good
as you could buy anywhere!
 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I made several runs of each and here they are all bagged up:

only 21 more gifts to go and I will be all done!
Barrie is doing Christmas at her house, and looked through several of my cook books for recipes.  I have one cookbook of miniature desserts and we’ve decided that we’ll take one morning a month in 2014, and make one of the recipes from that book!  I took a short trip to the library to drop off some goodies, and you should have heard them actually moaning as they sampled the sugared pecans, caramel popcorn and white trash.  Michael came home with an 85 for his golfing efforts and took the dog for a walk after running a quick errand for me.  He decided his back was really hurting and he was still a bit cold from being out golfing, so he took a long soak in the whirlpool tub.  That gave Susan and me a chance to have a nice, long chat about nothing in particular…we just haven’t seen each other in awhile!  Michael and I had leftovers for dinner (all of my Italian Wedding Soup is gone) and then watched TV for the rest of the evening.  I’m happy to say that all of the yarn I ripped out of my newest baby sweater has been knit back in…and correctly too J.

1 comment:

  1. I'm eating all your treats vicariously ! MJ

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.