Saturday, December 21, 2013

jam/cheese log, Larry & Peggy, Sue & Dennis


Michael and I made a quick run to the chiropractor Thursday morning (12/19), then I dropped him off at Reagan’s for breakfast (he walked home from there) and I continued on to quilting.  I turned on the ovens first thing and 20 minutes later the jam/cheese logs were done.  I actually remembered to take a picture before they were all gone:

 

We had 20 people at quilting and I think everyone really enjoyed their breakfast!  I got a bit of knitting done, and a lot of socializing, and dropped the rest of the jam/cheese log off at the library on the way home.  I was home by 1 and for some reason both Michael and I were tired, so we took a nap in the afternoon (ah…the joys of retirement!)  We had Chinese for dinner and enjoyed some TV and knitting in the evening.

 *************************************

Friday morning (12/20) we were up and out early for an ear doctor appointment for me.  My ear has been feeling blocked for about 2 weeks, so I finally decided it wasn’t going away on its own (which is ALWAYS my fervent hope for ANY medical discomfort!!!)  Anyway, I went to a doctor recommended by Jan and liked him immediately.  He said there was only a small amount of wax in my ear, but it was actually on my eardrum, so was preventing it from vibrating.  Out came the tiniest vacuum you ever saw and whoosh….problem solved.  Michael and I stopped for breakfast on the way home and then he headed off to the golf course, while I got our dinner (Italian Wedding Soup) going in the crockpot.  After that I finished another run of turtles and 2 runs of homemade Bailey’s and dough for rolls for dinner.  By then Michael was home and we packed up around 20 food gifts for delivery to the Lake House staff.  Once we got home and I got to relax a little and polish off a breezy read called SUMMER RENTAL by Mary Kaye Andrews.  Then it was time to get cleaned up and greet our guests:

 

Larry & Peggy

Sue & Dennis


 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
We had soup and rolls for dinner, then played PIT for a spirited hour before stopping for dessert.  I was going to bake cookies, but decided to just put out a platter of all of the goodies I have been making….and our guests really seemed to enjoy that.  After noshing on dessert, we decided to calm the evening down with several games of Mexican Train dominoes (Michael and I haven’t played in forever!!) and by then it was late and everyone said goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.