Tuesday, December 24, 2013

amaryllis, take out boxes


I ran some soup and rolls over to Donna early Sunday (12/22) morning.  She had surgery on her knee on Friday and Charlyn (their daughter and primary care giver for after the surgery) started throwing up on Saturday and had to go home!  Donna said she is doing well and is not in much pain.  Michael and I relaxed in the living room, eating breakfast and reading the paper for a couple of hours.
I thought I’d post a new picture of the amaryllis…it’s really shooting up:



I spent the afternoon working on putting away everything from the craft sale and starting to get my sewing room back into shape, while Michael watched the PANTHERS football game (it was a doozy) where they pulled it out at the very end!  Unfortunately I really didn’t make much progress in the studio…I have a lot more to go.

For dinner, I made Michael one of his favorite dinners….my 7 minute shrimp alfredo, while I had leftover Chinese.  Then, we settled in for A Christmas Story (you’ll shoot your eye out!) and some snuggling.
**********************************************************
 Monday (12/22) dawned rainy and dark, so Michael’s golf was cancelled.  I got a few things done in the morning before leaving at 10:30.  I made several stops (mostly food gifts and my hand cream) to several people before heading over to THE FLYING BISCUIT for lunch with Lisa.  She asked if we could have a holiday luncheon, and this is where we picked.  We both ended up ordering the same thing, which was wonderful!  It was a BBQ chicken burrito with onions and peppers and cheese (we both nixed the collard greens) and tomatillo sauce on top.  Even though we were there for lunch, I don’t think we stopped talking the entire time!  I hit Michael’s on the way home and scored some beautiful ‘take out’ boxes for next year’s cookies:
 


They were 1/2 off, but I only bought a few…I’m hoping there will still be some left (and that they will be cheaper!) after Christmas!  Michael and I got a bit of reading done in the afternoon and had a simple pot pie for dinner.We watched SNOW WHITE in the evening and I got a little knitting done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.