Monday, December 16, 2013

Field of Flowers, baby sweater

It was a cold and rainy day on Saturday (12/14), so instead of golfing, Michael and Phil headed off to a golf club demonstration at one of the stores, and Michael came home with a new driver.  I got Mexican Chicken Soup in the crockpot, weighed out all of the ingredients for corn bread, and made a new cookie dough (hot chocolate cookies) that needed to chill.  I did a couple of sympathy notes I had been procrastinating about, and then settled in to read my book:THE STRANGERS ON MONTAGUE STREET by Karen White, the 3rd in the series.  I believe these were recommended to me by Ginny, which is both wonderful and terrible.  Wonderful because I have loved reading the books….but terrible because when I went to order the 4th book from the library…I found out it won’t even be published until January 7th!!!!!  That means the library probably won’t even have it for another year!!!  Oh well, guess I’ll have to move on to another series for a bit.  At 3 PM I got cleaned up and put together the cornbread to bake.  Lisa and Dean arrived at 6:15 and we had soup and bread for dinner, then headed off to Rock Hill to see A BROADWAY CHRISTMAS CAROL.  This was basically the story of Ebenezer Scrooge, with songs from many, many Broadway musicals with the words changed to fit the stories.  It was very cleverly done, especially as there were only 3 people in the cast.  Lisa and Dean stopped in briefly when we got home, then it was a little reading and off to bed.

 ******************************
We had a leisurely breakfast in front of the fire on Sunday )(12/15), then Phil came over to help Michael hang this:




I finished this over a year ago as part of a challenge in Scrap Happy Quilters (in case you can't tell, the flowers are 3-D), but it’s been out on loan ever since.  Now it’s hanging in the bedroom and I love it.  I was supposed to work on more Christmas food, but just didn’t feel like it, so I sat and read for part of the afternoon while Michael was out golfing, testing out his new driver.  We had crab stuffed flounder and baked potatoes for dinner, then watched WHITE CHRISTMAS.  I knit during the movie and finished another baby sweater:
 
It's out of pink chenille type yarn and is super soft.

3 comments:

  1. Opposing, the other baby sweaters were cute, but this one is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the 3D flower hanging. BG

    ReplyDelete
  3. just catching up on your blog...
    I LOVE the QUILT- wall hanging !!!! Do you have any batting under it ? you'll have to tell me how you do that sometime.... MJ

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.