Wednesday, December 25, 2013

lasagna, quiche, rolls, sandwich bread, Elsie & Cookie

CHRISTMAS EVE!!! - Michael was happy to be able to play golf on Tuesday, even though the course was rather soggy.  He said he hit every fairway except one, so his driver is still doing an excellent job.  I figured Jan would need to go to the store, so I gave her a call and we ended up going together.  I spent the afternoon in the kitchen.  I made up 4 pans of lasagna:

 

one for Donna & Lee, one for Anne & Bryce, one for us and one for anyone's future needs.  Then I made 2 mushroom and spinach quiches:

 

one for Donna & Lee and one for us, a pan of rolls (1/2 to Donna & Lee and 1/2  for us)

which my honey took a picture of as I flew out the door to
delivery Donna & Lee's dinner!

and sandwich bread:



 
(we gave away 1/2 a loaf to one of our neighbors).  I took stuff over to Donna & Lee’s (and she seems to be able to get around a bit since her surgery) and came home and had dinner with my honey.  He really wanted to go to the movies to see AMERICAN HUSTLE, but didn’t want to leave me alone.  I told him the truth…I was stressed because I hadn’t wrapped any of his gifts and I would gratefully relax and do that while he was gone.  I grabbed last year’s Christmas cards (we use images from those for our TO/FROM cards) a hole punch, a pen, my gift bags and all of his gifts and put on a movie and had a wonderful time figuring out which Santa his gifts came from (we use clues for our gift tags).  In other parts of the house ‘not a creature was stirring, not even’ Cookie & Elsie!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.