Wednesday, December 18, 2013

baby sweater


Michael headed up to the golf course early on Tuesday (12/17) to hand out many, many food gifts…which everyone was totally excited about!   My kitchen buffet is slowly being cleared of bags, but since I’m still making more (and since we haven’t given out all of our gifts), it’s still looking pretty full.  We also got 3 flat rate boxes packed full of goodies that Michael took to the post office at lunch time.  I spent most of the morning updating the SCCL website with Volunteer minutes and other documents necessary to the running of the club.  I wanted to make sure everything is available to the incoming secretary….I don’t keep hard copies of anything, it’s all electronic.  Joanne picked me up at 1 PM for Stitch & Chat and there was a LOT of ‘free’ yarn (yarn people have leftover from various projects, seemed like mostly baby blankets) that I picked up for future baby sweaters.  Paula sat with me and we got all of it wound and it gave us a nice chance to chat as well.  I got cleaned up once we got home and Larry & Evelyn picked us up at 6 for dinner and a movie.  The movie was PHILOMENA (with Judi Dench) and it was INCREDIBLE!!!  It was based on a true story and we all really loved it.  We were home by 10 and read for just a bit before bed.

By the way, I finished another baby sweater (no, I’m not lightening fast, I was working on this new one while I was having problems with that last pink one….so they were keeping pace with each other…it just took one more day to finish the brown):
 
The surprising thing to me was that I don't like the color of the sweater (yuck, brown!), but several people at S&C commented that they really liked it!  It's like Jan always says....I can't just work in colors I like J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.