Saturday, December 7, 2013

Santa Sacks

I packed up the car Thursday morning (12/5) and took off for quilting (after a quick stop at CVS for cards and another stop to get a physical therapy phone number for a friend).  There were tons of people there and it was fun to sit and knit and watch the Chinese Auction with gift stealing.  As for the food, I think all of the ladies outdid themselves; everything was truly excellent!  I was home by 2 and worked on my embroideries for a bit to help out 2 of my fellow quilters.  Michael and I both fell asleep while watching TV in the evening (a thoroughly unusual happenstance) and so we went to bed early.  Unfortunately I just couldn’t get to sleep and ended up getting up and reading until 2 AM.  A Dorthea Benton Franks book called THE LAST ORIGINAL WIFE….she writes southern satire and this book was really good.

Friday morning (12/6) I delivered the Santa Sacks (filled with art supplies):

 

 and our other Angel Tree gifts to the Lake House on my way to have my hair done.  I got home around 11 and spent a good part of the afternoon working on a new set of shawls.  Michael and I had a quick dinner and picked up Jan and Walt for THE MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS show with the Charlotte Symphony Orchestra.  It was a WONDERFUL show and I was very grateful that the predicted rain held off until we were safely home  J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.